Saturday, November 10, 2012

Everyday Miracle

I baked a lot yesterday. I made these pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins for a gathering this morning and they just turned out kind of strange. They tasted good but they were made with egg whites and yogurt (healthy, yes) but the consistency was, in Max's words, peculiar.

I set them aside and baked some cookies. I tasted them again last night and thought that if they still seemed weird this morning, I would stop on my way and buy some replacements. I was disappointed. I thought they were going to be so good.

This morning (after a well-deserved and lovely eight hours of sleep) I popped one out and tasted them again and you know what? They are good, spicy from the cinnamon, with tiny little bursts of chocolate. They transformed themselves while I was sleeping.

So let that be a lesson to you. Never give up on a project until you've slept on it. Always give whatever it is you are working on a chance to sort itself out... while you are sleeping.



3 comments: