Thursday, April 7, 2011

TEDxSanAntonio

Last year, I got really excited about TEDxSanAntonio. I read every page of the web site. I googled the organizers. I circled the date on the calendar. I told Frank and Max I wanted to attend. Then I opened the application and suddenly my head was full of every possible gremlin shouting, "Who do you think you are?"

I didn't apply. The deadline slipped past.

On the day of the conference, I watched some of the presenters via the live feed from my studio. I may have cried a little at my lack of courage, for not even applying to attend. I promised myself this year would be different.


This is my ticket to the kickoff gathering for TEDxSanAntonio 2011. One way or another, I'm going to be there!

5 comments:

  1. Brava, Laura. I certainly plan to attend the Houston gathering. I never questioned it, but of course I have always been called arrogant. Perhaps there is some truth there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Perhaps I'll be brave enough to be there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that it's all you want it to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, want to help us organize and put on the event? We love volunteers! susan@firecatstudio.com

    ReplyDelete