Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Went for a Walk

There are lots of things I should be doing and I am not doing any of them. I have a menu planning knot to unravel for tomorrow night. I have an Easter Feast to plan. I have 36 pages of Northanger Abbey to finish before book group tomorrow night. I have to change out of this ratty t-shirt for a meeting at the school later this morning. There are breakfast dishes to be done and clothes wrinkling in the dryer. I could take out the garbage and the compost. I could water the front yard or the back yard for that matter. I could be knitting.

I just don't want to do any of these things.

I feel restless, jazzed up and weary at the same time. I need a vacation or a phone call or a reboot.

The only thing that works when I feel this way is to walk. Walk until my head clears and my spirit settles down.

I'm going for a walk.

I wrote this jittery post this morning and just had to come back here and add - the walk soothed and settled me down and I would up having a pretty incredible day. Behold the power of walking.

2 comments:

  1. The power of walking, indeed--it certainly never fails to soothe me!!

    ReplyDelete