Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Out of Focus

I got so relaxed while we were on vacation I actually forgot about having to wash the dishes every night. The first night we were back, I tucked The Kid into bed and promptly sat down on the couch. A few minutes later I walked into the kitchen and was shocked at the dinner dishes just sitting there. I'd forgotten this was something I do - every night.


That being said you can imagine that I might be having a teensy bit of trouble getting my blogging back into focus. I spent yesterday scratching away at ideas for posts and I've got nothing to show for it.


Nothing.


Really.


And then The Kid was stood up for a playdate. A playdate he'd been looking forward to for days. A playdate with the best friend he's hardly seen all summer. A playdate that we actually cleaned for yesterday. He was so disappointed, he wailed.


Now it's raining.



Rain from Laura on Vimeo.


I think this calls for a movie and big bowl of popcorn. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. A movie & popcorn is always a great idea. It's always on our agenda on a rainy (or snowy) day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the playdate no-show breaks my heart! I hope the popcorn and movie on a rainy afternoon was as comforting as it sounds.

    I want to check out the fiction you read on vacation. Right now, I'm reading "Far From the Madding Crowd". I'm at the age where I don't remember if I've ever read it before, but if I have, it all seems new anyway. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura. You should start with Songs without Words, it's her second novel and it's a bit better written.

    ReplyDelete