Monday, July 28, 2008

Comments

If you never venture into the comments section of this blog, you may not know I have the kindest, most compassionate readers on the web. Today, I'm replying on the front page.


Hi Ann and thanks for stopping by. Welcome to my little corner of the internet.


Thanks, Mrs. G. Permission to be a whiny mess is actually (as strange as it sounds) comforting to hear right now. Sorry your weekend was not all gin and kittens. Are you feeling down about Miss G's impending departure? I've been thinking about you and sending good thoughts. I go through a dress rehearsal for this every year when the incoming freshman arrive at Trinity (where Lefty teaches). It reminds me that one day it will be us, tucking The Kid into a dorm room. I'm hoping that 11 more years of seeing other parents go through it will help me avoid being the mom sobbing hysterically in the parking lot.


Hey Laura. Thanks. I bet the book will arrive before we leave. Our bracelets got here on Saturday and we had fun catching each other's in complaints for the rest of the afternoon. We will be back home on the 7th so it looks like our paths won't cross. Disappointing! It would be fun to add meeting you to my vacation fun list. Yes, I do feel guilty about every ball I drop these days. I am going to try today to be a little kinder, a little more patient with myself.


Michele, I shall henceforth call it venting. As for the pumpkin, I was kind of traumatized by the discovery of such a large (it's a big pumpkin) cache of candy that I now must figure out what to do with.


Janet, I saw your pic of the new tattoo! Have you seen the trailer for Bottle Shock? Every time Alan Rickman speaks I get a little Snape shiver.

6 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of Bottle Shock, thanks for pointing it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son #2 leaving for college in a few short weeks...taking his older brother with him. Their dorms are literally side by side. I love--as you must--living in a college town and a few good kids from this neck of the woods are headed to Trinity U. One of whom is a good friend of our sons. Still, exciting times can be sad times too. I feel Mrs. G's pain all too keenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commentors are fantastic--proof we're not writing in a void. And they're not just there, but incredibly kind and supportive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KTP.

    No, It's Trinity University in San Antonio, TX.

    Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since it's almost October anyway, why don't you save the candy and re-distribute it then.

    (Yes, it's taken me this long to get my mind around the fact that you all might not want to consume it yourself.)

    ReplyDelete