Thursday, February 21, 2008

Be the Baking Powder. Be the Salt.

There are some things going on at Lefty's work that are making him unhappy. The kind of things, I think, that are almost always going on between faculty and administration (I initially typed assministration and I was so tempted to leave it that way) in a university, but it's stressing him out. In an attempt to lighten his mood (which I know is annoying, but I'm genetically programmed to do – I just can't stop myself) I've been thinking of things that might make him smile. This morning, I said this: The world is already full of flour. Try and find a way today to be the leavening, make things lighter. Be the baking powder. Be the salt.

7 comments:

  1. why is your blogpost named "be the bakeing powder. be the salt".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because, sweetie, thant's what I said at the end of the post - I was talking to your dad!

    Which would you rather be, the baking powder or the salt??

    ReplyDelete
  3. the salt I souposse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful - you'll be great as the salt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Karen. Somedays I am more salty than others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will tell all of my children this in the morning. beee the baaaaking pooowwwder. beeee the saaaalllt. i will try to hypnotize them into being more lighthearted. awesome. thanks.

    ReplyDelete