Thursday, November 29, 2007

The USPS Saves the Day/Post

I am wracking my brains again for something to post about. I've been so full of ideas – November has been so much fun for me that it's almost cruel that as NaBloPoMo winds down I find myself scraping the bottom of the idea barrel so regularly. I am tempted to write about my ongoing peri-menopausal saga, but that would more than likely include too much talk of blood for my more squeamish readers and perhaps stray into the area of way too much information. I will save discussion of my reproductive system and its functionality, or lack thereof, for another, more desperate day.


Then, just as I was about to give up hope, there was a knock at the door. It was the mail carrier. He had a box and in the box was… the Christmas tree skirt my Mom has been making for The Kid. Last year, while she was visiting us, my mom was working on a tree skirt for my sister's family. The Kid was quite taken with it and asked Mom to make one for us. So she did, and here it is. Um, well, here is The Kid wearing it like some kind of crazy Christmas poncho.



Now we just need a tree to go with it!

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen many Christmas tree skirts transformed into capes...priceless. Up up and away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable...and I vote for sharing the perimenopause saga...what's a little blood between friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen. I'm sure there will be more perimenopause posts. I'm struggling with whether or not to take HRT and I'm sure I'll be writing about it here.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I get our Christmas decorations out, I'm always trying on the tree skirt like an actual skirt. If it fit me, it might be just the thing - along with a cute velvet top - for that last minute office Christmas party.

    But that's just me!

    ReplyDelete