Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Round Up

We had a really great long holiday weekend. I found myself relaxed, really relaxed for the first time in a very long time. I actually felt time stretching out before me – I felt that there was time enough to cook, to play, to write. It was a feeling that’s unfamiliar to me and it was a little disorienting.

And now, I am beginning to feel Monday slipping up on me. I’ve started thinking about The Kid’s lunch and grocery shopping and bills and putting gas in the car. But for a little while this weekend, those things all fell away and I was very simply thankful and happy. It was a good holiday. I’m looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. It was glorious to have a few days with no routine.

    Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete