Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Roundup

I would have posted this sooner but I was completely mesmerized by the photos of good old George Clooney over at Mrs. G’s blog. The man just keeps getting better looking. Sigh.

Anyway, we had a lovely weekend around here. The weather was somewhat cooler and there was a nice breeze. (We celebrate anything under 90 degrees around here. ) We swept off the deck and made elaborate plans to have a fire in the backyard one fine evening soon. The Kid mixed up science experiments in old coffee cans using mostly water, sticks and his own spit. I was offered the opportunity to contribute some spit to the project, but I declined.

The big news is that my hot flashes are back with a vengeance despite the tender ministration of Dr. Chen. The daytime is not so bad but I am having miserable night sweats. So terribly bad that I made an appointment with my gynecologist for two weeks from now - figuring that if this is just a spike in my crazy hormone cycle, it will have evened out by then and if not, then I will gladly go into the office and beg for a IV drip of the evil carcinogenic ESTROGEN. I said that last sentence verbatim to the secretary in her office when I called and there was this long quiet pause and then she said, “Um, ok.” Note to self: Odd sense of humor and sleep deprivation do not mix.

On a lighter note, we’re putting up Halloween decorations and The Kid’s getting a haircut this afternoon. That’s all, I cannot write another word – must horde ideas for NaBloPoMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment