Saturday, June 8, 2013

On Hold


So, one minute you are fretting about the fact that June is a little too busy for your own personal taste and worrying a little about money being tight this month and wringing your hands just a bit about successfully navigating the subway to get where you are going when you fly to Toronto in 10 days and the phone rings.

My husband spent yesterday being diagnosed for a retinal tear and partially detached retina. He met with a surgeon in the afternoon and is undergoing surgery on Monday morning. (For the technically minded, he is having pneumatic retinopexy and a vitrectomy.)

Suddenly, I find it hard to even remember those things that were driving me to distraction on Monday morning.

Our summer has taken a hard left and I have no idea what the road ahead will look like. I am too focused on the next 48 hours to even think about what's next.

We are so blessed. We have health insurance. We are surrounded by a supportive, brilliant and kind community. 

I don't know how to finish the sentence. We are in a holding pattern until Monday morning. Yes, I'll keep you posted.

When in doubt, roast a fish, wash the dishes, fold the laundry, pray.



1 comment:

  1. I hate that it takes a crisis to help us focus on our blessings. I'm glad you have so many blessings upon which to focus. Praying that your husband will be able to focus again, too!

    ReplyDelete