Monday, January 2, 2012

Start Where You Are

IMG_8200
 The holidays were particularly good to us. We had a meaningful and happy Christmas followed by the celebration of Max’s eleventh birthday. We had  fun on New Year’s Eve. (Max got to stay up till 11 and beat us at Uno!) Yesterday afternoon we cleaned and cleared and took down the tree and this morning Max went off to school and Frank drove off to work and it was just me and the laundry and the birds in the backyard.

This was, without question, the sanest holiday break I have ever had. (And when I’ve said that to people some of them have looked at me like I’m crazy.)

What I mean by that is that I didn’t do a lot of last minute guilt-induced Christmas shopping for anyone. I didn’t feel that urgent need to make everything special and perfect. The holidays just were…  and they were lovely.

I think 2012 is going to be a  very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment