Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude: Day One

I am practicing gratitude for the month of November.
I’m grateful for a lot of little things this morning. Hot coffee. Effective cold medicine. Cooler weather. The Invention of Hugo Cabret which I finished last night and Max finished this morning. But the thing I am most grateful for today is this lumpy, well-worn loveseat.
lumpy loveseat
When I injured my neck this summer one of the worst consequences was that I could not sit anywhere in the house comfortably. I could sit in a kitchen chair or my desk chair for a little while but soft things like this loveseat or the couch caused excruciating pain. After a while I was able to sit in my wooden rocker and that has been my default seat for months as my pinched nerve slowly released itself and started to heal.
The past two evenings I have been able to sit comfortably in this lumpy old loveseat and for that, I am truly grateful.

1 comment: