Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seeing Max



Last night was the school district's Strings Festival, the concert Max has been looking forward to all year. The 4th and 5th graders from both elementary schools play and then they play along with the jr. high and high school orchestras for the grand finale, Beethoven's Ode to Joy. It was jubilant! I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house.


The Municipal Auditorium is large and it was a little hard to see Max from where we were sitting. But at one point, while the high school orchestra was playing, Max leaned forward and rested his forehead against the neck of his cello and I could see him perfectly. He was listening intently. The look on his face was a combination of joy and fierce concentration.



Tomorrow night we see Yo-Yo Ma and The Silk Road Ensemble. I can hardly wait.







4 comments:

  1. I love Ode to Joy! And I'm thrilled that Max got to play it. Enjoy the Silk Road Ensemble--I'm just the teensiest bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, my mom gifted us the tickets for Christmas and we've been counting the days since then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, go, go, Max!! Sounds wonderful. And have fun at the concert, i bet it will be so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful...what a vivid description of Max...I can just see him in my mind...

    ReplyDelete