Monday, December 20, 2010

This is the Day or Holiday Lament

This is the day I lost it.
This is the day when I suffered through everything with a clenched heart.
This is the day when I stormed and slammed.
This is the day when there were tears all day long, just behind my eyes.
This is the day of the lump in the throat.
This is the day of the stiff jaw, the fake-out smile.
This is the day of tremble, of frustration, and I am done.

I will do what I can, where I am, with what I have and I will do it with a glad heart and next year, I swear to you, I will do things differently.

totally unrelated photo of Max that I just happen to love - he's fierce

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear...know that you're always doing the best you can...and know that you're eternally evolving for the good...sending love, light and ease...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we....all of us...need to remember that we are allowed a day like this every so often. the thing that makes most of us different from the rest is that we realize that this is just a thing we go through. you ( like karen said!) are doing the best you can...you love and live with such passion, a day like this is forgiven.
    enjoy the holiday with your family...surround yourself with goodness and love and life will be good.

    ReplyDelete