Friday, January 8, 2010

Wind Chill

The windchill this morning was eighteen degrees.

When I was living in Maine, eighteen degrees was not that big a deal. Sure everything was frozen but you just put on some layers and went on about your business. When I lived in New York, I walked to work in much much colder temps.

I still have lots of cold weather things - even though I gleefully threw hats, scarves and mittens out the window of my car during my move from Maine to Florida many years ago.

So, bundling up, like I did today feels familiar to me. It reminds me of truly happy times in my life.

Winter weather is pretty darn easy to take when it only lasts a few days.

3 comments:

  1. I can understand how you might relish a cold wind blowing through Texas--something different, something refreshing. It's hard to appreciate warmth when that's pretty much all you get. We're having an unusually cold winter (for Maryland) too--though I'm having problems embracing it, seeing as how it's lingering. But then, oh how wonderful the warmth of spring will feel.

    I'm picturing you snuggled up with a book and a cup of warm something...and wearing a pair of those adorable socks you've knitted. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to let you know I am taking the time to read your blog. And I always look forward to it. Does the cold weather make you think of sitting out on that porch in Bangor with our feet up watching the windows steam up and WAITING. I'm not sure what it was that we were waiting for but a lot of the time I really think I'm still sitting in that same spot somewhere in my mind waiting...

    ReplyDelete