Thursday, November 12, 2009

Better Left Unsaid

I went to get my hair cut today. Yes, cut. Yes, again. Because I am obviously addicted now to having my hair cut. Hi. My name is Laura and I'm a haircutaholic.

This is all very new to me because for the last twenty years when my hair was very long, I would get several inches trimmed off the length like once every few YEARS. Now I'm on first name basis with my hair person/stylist/terrifically hip chica who cuts my hair. It's Tanya, she's fabulous.

So I'm sitting in the little waiting area across from this youngish (late 20's) woman who has on a very low cut blouse and has this display of cleavage that is just stunning. And you know, they are out there, for all the world to see, obviously on purpose and I had this overwhelming desire to say to her, "Your breasts are magnificent."

I think she would have been pleased because some obvious effort had been made to display them, surely she wanted folks to notice.

But I didn't because I am some one's mom and surely don't want the reputation of lady of the inappropriate remarks at the hair place. But those of you who've known me the longest, you know that there was a time when I totally would have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment