Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Archives

I spent the morning padding around in my blog archives, (for a reason I'll tell you about later) and I really enjoyed looking back at how this space has evolved over the past couple of years.

I started blogging without thinking too much about what I really wanted to say or how I wanted to say it. I still find myself unable to answer the question about "what kind of blogger" I am? I write a lot about my child and parenting but don't consider myself a mommy blogger. I write a bit about creativity but the powerhouse bloggers in that niche are completely out of my league. I feel like I've complained about the weather so much this summer (ask me how hot it is right now – come on, I dare you) maybe I've become a weather blogger?

It was fun, looking back at the things that I was writing about all that time ago. (You should see the pictures of Max. He looks tiny.) I think it has rekindled my passion for the kind of writing I get to do over here. I plan on showing up here a little more often.

And one last thing, a giant thank you to Nancy at Wacky Mommy . Did you know you wrote the very first comment on this blog?

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet, girl. I think we both deserve some candy, don't you? OK, when I read that I was wondering when I started reading you. Right from the get-go, apparently.

    Here's my first post, kinda goofy -- my friend Roxie left the first comment.

    http://wackymommy.org/blog/archive/2005/02/14/wacky_mommy_is_here/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better post the link, I can't figure out how to get back there! I want the months and years popping up for me, on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete