Sunday, November 2, 2008

Holidays By Hand

Change is afoot, oh internet of mine. Mrs. G is edging out of her comfort zone. Laura's moving to Arkansas and I am doing something I have never done before. Behold:

This is the song we sing at my house: Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat and the next verse should probably be, and your wallet is getting very thin and worn out.

I'm hoping, this year, to gather and make a lot of holiday gifts with my own hands, to have a greener and simpler holiday and to give my wallet a rest. As some of you know, I'm not a particularly "crafty" person. I knit, not particularly well but with a weird kind of obsessive passion. (Do you want to see my sock? Do you?!) I can be all thumbs when it comes to holiday projects – I need some crafty help and if you need crafty help, do I have some good news for you!

I am participating in Holidays by Hand, a round up of tried and true, simple, handmade gift ideas hosted by some very crafty bloggers, and of course, me.

Here's the lineup.

Tsh at Simple Mom kicks things off on November 4 with SEWING projects. Contact Tsh at tsh at simplemom.net to join in.

On November 11 Rachel at Small Notebook will present PAPERCRAFTING ideas. Contact Rachel at smallnotebook at gmail.com to join in.

On November 18 Kelly at Almost Frugal will present projects using RIBBON and THREAD. Contact Kelly at almost frugal at gmail.com to join in.

November 25 is my turn to host. Come by and see some quick and easy KNITTING projects. Email me at lauraruthhealy at gmail.com to join in.

Nicole at Gidget Goes Home will host on December 2 featuring QUILTING projects. Contact Nicole at nicoleviola at gmail.com to join in.

Ann at One Bag Nation, on December 9 will be featuring holiday FOOD gifts. Contact Ann at lilyolil at comcast.net to join in.

So every Tuesday (don't worry, I will remind you), November 4th through December 9th, go get some ideas and contribute your own great ideas for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment