Tuesday, April 15, 2008

National Poetry Month/Mid-Month Check In and a Sock

Okay. The drugs seem to be helping and although I have that antibiotic wonkiness, I feel a bit more myself.


My National Poetry Month challenge? Why thank you for asking. I'm at the halfway point today and the most I can say is that it has been very illuminating. Mostly I'm surprised that as someone who calls herself a poet I spend so little time actually writing poetry. The NaPoWriMo things I've done are almost all very short, very snippet-like things, because on most days that is all I really have time for. (Some, but not all, of them could perhaps have been done by a random word generator… ) I think it will be fun when April is over to go back and see if I can glue some of these little remnants into an interesting poem.


The most important thing I've remembered during the first half of this month is that poetry is where my true heart lies. I've remembered so many things about what it is I really want to do with my writing life and I've renewed my commitment to doing those things every day.


In other news, I am learning to knit with double pointed needles because I want to knit socks. It is hard, sometimes, to learn new things. What's the most recent thing you learned to do?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't learned anything new in ages--guess it's time to explore!

    And I disagree about the random word generator thingy--I like your poetry! Each one has said something to me.

    ReplyDelete