Thursday, March 13, 2008

Early Dismissal

So, this week is early dismissal week at The Kid's school. He gets out of school at 1pm every day to allow for parent/teacher conferences in the afternoon. So the largish chunk of time that I need to do what I do (read, scribble in my journal, procrastinate, wash dishes, read other people's
blogs and write) has now been compressed into a smaller chunk of time in which I barely get lunch eaten, let alone do productive work at my desk. Last night I had a erotic dream about sitting at my desk and typing, on my laptop, by candlelight…


It seems sort of unfair to have early dismissal week right before spring break. I can't even look forward to getting things done next week because next week will wreak even more havoc on my productivity, what with all the fun, and whee, and overall spring-breakyness. Lefty reminds me that there will come a day when I long for these kid filled afternoons of matchbox cars, videogames, ritz crackers and peanut butter. I am trying to release all the other things I think I ought (or want) to be doing and enjoy hanging out with my boy. He teaches me things all the time. Like this, how precious a small, mundane thing can be when treated with love. The Kid's pecan, wrapped in a leaf blanket.



4 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a wonderful spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Our camping trip may get rained out but we have a lot of fun things on our Plan B list.

    Will you and yours be partaking in any spring breaky festivities?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan's spring break is next week, too--and I, too, am torn between frustration (tinged with a touch of resentment, perhaps?) at knowing I won't get much accomplished, and weepy love at knowing that the years will fly by and then my precious baby will be ignoring me during his spring break.

    Can you sense that I'm a tad hormonal this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen. Hormones are always welcome here!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete