Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, the Day that Nobody Loves

I used to say this about Tuesdays when I was working in publishing. I'm not sure why, but it came back to me today as I was scurrying around trying to think of something to post about. I know, it's early, and I could wait until the afternoon is over and supper is cooked and hope that something mildly interesting will happen between now and then, but I don't want to take the chance. So without further ado, I give you my list for Tuesday.

  • Lice update: No more live bugs, thank god. A few nits, all clear so far.
  • With apologies to Maggie Mason: Not what I had for lunch, just that I made myself lunch. This is one of the things I imagined doing when I first quit my office job, so in light of yesterday's post, I decided to make myself lunch today instead of having leftovers or a sandwich. No big deal, just a little chicken with some vegetables and rice. Still and all, I felt pampered, like I was taking care of myself.
  • I'm planning a field trip. One of the things I wanted to do during NaBloPoMo was take my laptop out to lunch and post from a public place. I know that everyone and their dog wags their laptop around, but I really don't – at least not yet. Stay tuned.
  • Last year we received only a smattering of Christmas cards from our far-flung friends. Do I have to send Christmas cards this year? Is there some more creative way to say Happy Holidays (and don't tell me email, cannot send holiday email)?!
  • Here are some things I did not do today: trim the tea rose bushes that are taking over the sidewalk, rake leaves, sweep leaves off the deck, vacuum.

What did you do today?

3 comments:

  1. Let's see. I just finished teaching two classes and have an hour break until my next one. Love having a laptop to plug in during my few and far between short chunks of time.

    I did a load of laundry.

    Went to Michaels to buy pens that will write on glass.

    Graded a few papers and read 75 pages of Hans Brinker.

    That's all so far...it's still early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading through your entries and all I can say is, Yaaay! A wonderful, new (to me) blog!

    Let see--I've pretty much spent the day on the couch with my sick four year old, watching PBS Kids. Oh--and I put a coat over his pajamas and took him to the library so I could return some DVDs (god forbid I pay $1 a day, per DVD, in overdue fines).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your little one feels better soon.

    Isn't that outrageous overdue fee on dvds a huge library scam?!

    I'm enjoying your blog too.

    ReplyDelete