Saturday, July 21, 2007

Studio 60


I cannot write about the bad thing that happened at The Kid’s school for lots of reasons. I’m still way too emotional about it and there may be legal consequences so instead I’m going to write about TV.

Lefty’s out of town with his Philadelphia Skyshoe buddies and being home alone with half a glass of wine to finish I was flipping through the DVR list and noticed that I had not yet erased the final episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. So I watched it again.

I loved this show. Aaron Sorkin touches the lyric heart of what it means to be a liberal in America. Studio 60 was such good television, challenging and witty, and so well written the episodes at time would just almost take flight. It was smart. This show did one of the things that television at its best can do - it made me think and feel and care.

There’s a lot of television that I don’t watch and that’s okay. I do not begrudge anyone American Idol. We should all get to watch what makes us happy. I just can’t bring myself to erase that final episode, and I know I will watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment